Locations for films and how to find them

Action on Empty Homes does not have access to lists of empty properties or their owners with regard to using them as film locations. If however you have a media enquiry about the 'empty homes issue' we can put you in touch with organisations and council officers working actively on the issue around the country. For general location enquiries the best way in which you can source abandoned properties is as follows:

• Estate agents – whilst you may not want to buy an empty property, local estate agents may know of properties which are on the market or about to be put on the market and they can sometimes put you in contact with the owners about using the property for this purpose.

• Council empty homes officers – if the council run an active scheme supporting those renovating empty properties they may be in touch with owners or developers who can help however in general estate agents are more likely to be able to offer speedy access to a suitable property.